Ferry Spain - Morocco with car

At FRS we offer you the possibility of crossing by ferry to Morocco with a car without any problem, taking your vehicle on board. Once you arrive at your destination, you will have the car at your disposal to move around freely and flexibly.

What documentation do you need to travel by ferry to Morocco from Spain with a car?

  • The car's grey letter (authorisation to enter Morocco with the car).
  • Declaration of the owner of the car, in case the car is not owned by you, stating that he/she lends you the car under his/her consent (duly legalised).
  • If the car is rented, you must present the rental contract, specifying that you are allowed to take the car abroad (specifically Morocco)..
  • Car insurance covering the Moroccan territory (International Insurance Certificate, or as it is commonly known, green card)
  • Vehicle data sheet

From 2019 it is no longer necessary to fill in the AT (Admission Temporaire or Temporary Admission) form in order to travel by ferry with your car.

Regarding the formalities for crossing into Morocco by boat with a car, there are no taxes of any kind to pay, since it is understood that the vehicle is for tourism, and leaving the country will be in the same car. The only thing necessary is to fill in the AT form.

How to cross by ferry to Morocco with a car?

The Spain - Morocco ferry with car has a specific car deck, where you can park your car when you get on the ferry comfortably, without having to worry about transport during your trip.

We offer you different options to go by ferry to Morocco from Spain by car, with different crossings departing from Tarifa and Algeciras.

Three routes to go by ferry from Spain to Morocco with car:

  • Tarifa - Tangier Ville: The Tarifa - Tangier Ville ferry route is the shortest crossing between Spain and Morocco, taking approximately one hour.
  • Algeciras – Ceuta: Another option is to choose the Ceuta to Algeciras line, and from there enter Morocco with your own car.
  • Algeciras - Tangier Med: There is also the Algeciras - Tangier Med route, a port located approximately one hour away from the city centre.

How much does it cost to put the car on the ferry to Morocco?

The price of the ferry to Morocco with a car will depend on different factors, such as the type of route, the season, the type of vehicle (car, van, caravan, motorbike, etc.)..

At FRS you will be able to see the price of a car ferry from Spain to Morocco before purchasing your ticket. Indicate the type of vehicle you will take on board and you will see the different rates available.

If you have any questions or need more information on how to travel by ferry from Spain to Morocco by car, we recommend that you book your place in advance. Or, if you prefer, contact us for more information.