Travel with Pets
If you are traveling with pets on one of our FRS ferries, there is very important information you should keep in mind. Of course pets are allowed, but there are some measures that must be taken:
If you are traveling with your pet, keep the following in mind:
- Price for the pet: € 3 one way.
- If your pet's weight is less than or equal to 6 kg, it can travel in a normal seat inside an approved pet carrier.
- If your pet's weight is greater than 6 kg, it must travel in one of the pens available on deck and in the garage (you can choose, subject to availability).
- On the deck, there is a walking area where you can take your pet for a walk.
If you require further information, please contact our call center at + 34 956 68 18 30 or send a message through the contact form at the following link.
Traveling with pets on the rest of the FRS lines.
• Pedestrian passengers may carry their pets in containers that can be closed, are solidly built, and can be fastened down on the ferry. Pets must remain outside the passenger cabin during the trip.
Pet owners are responsible for their pet’s food/ water, as well as its general well-being.
Crossings are short, so don’t be concerned about your pet if it spends the crossing in the vehicle area. It will be perfectly fine.
If the above is not complied with, this will lead to the company refusing to carry the pet in question on board. FRS may take legal action if the owner does not comply with this procedure during the trip.
Requirements for entry of pets into the Euopean Union
This video explains you all requirements of the EU to travel with pets.